- Australia - Canada relations
- News Room
- Travelling to Australia
- Visas, Migration and Citizenship
- Doing business with Australia
- Passports and Assistance for Australians (including notarial services)
- Study in Australia & Working Holidays
- For Schools and Students
- Events and Links
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Travel advice
- Register with us
The Americas Service Centre (ASC) is currently experiencing a high volume of calls. If all of our phone lines are occupied, you will hear a busy signal.
Please be advised that only Information Officers in the ASC can assist or answer queries in relation to visas to Australia and Australian citizenship matters.
We encourage you to try again between 10am to 5pm EST. Alternatively you can contact the Americas Service Centre by email at http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/americas/index.htm
Lodging a Visa or Citizenship by Descent Application
Important Tips When Making an Application in Ottawa
Application Charges and Fees
Status Checks for Applications sent to the Ottawa office
Status Checks for Online Applications
Panel doctors in Canada
Panel doctors in the Caribbean
The following lists are NOT exhaustive and refer only to the more common types of visas available. For more comprehensive information on all visa types, please refer to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) website.
The Find a Visa tool can help you find the Australian visa most likely to meet your specific circumstances.
Studying and Training in Australia
Working in Australia
Temporary Work and Specialist Entry
- Government Agreement stream
- Foreign government agency stream
- Domestic worker (diplomatic or consular) stream
- Priveleges and immunities stream
Family Sponsored Temporary Visa
Migrating to Australia
Other Visa Options
The Citizenship Wizard will give you information on what to do and how to apply for Australian citizenship.
NOTE: For information on delivery and/or return of documents, please refer to item 6 under Important Tips When Making an Application in Ottawa
2. Evidence/Proof of Australian Citizenship
3. Resumption of Australian Citizenship
4. Citizenship by Conferral
5. Renouncing Australian Citizenship
6. Citizenship by Birth in Australia
7. Adopted Children and Australian Citizenship
8. Dual Citizenship
9. Entering and Leaving Australia as an Australian Citizen
10. Other Citizenship Issues
Forms and Booklets
Our forms are subject to change. Generally, this occurs three times a year with fixed dates of March, July and November.
However, in certain circumstances there may be a requirement for publishing forms outside of these dates. Prior to submitting any application you should ensure that you have completed the most current form.